Nancy Orlando-Books.com -
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Catching up
I'm so glad I wrote that book!
A New Year

September 2010
August 2010

powered by

CHATTER FROM THE MUSE

The Digital age and me

1/23/2013
Today I became the confused owner of one of those wonderful contraptions to read books and check your email.  The first thing I had to to was register the thing.

Before we get too far into this, let me say I don't understand any of this.  The digital world for me is like trying to talk to a Russian or Chinese person who doesn't speak english with my hands tied behind my back!
It is a left brain world and I have no left brain at all.

The registration screen asked for my email address.  I struggled for a long time before I accidentally tapped the line below the question and low and behold - a keyboard appeared!  I used the finger with the broken nail to type the first part of my email.  Then I needed numbers.  I couldn't find them so I threw a fit and looked for the receipt and a bag to get the stupid thing ready to return to the store.  My husband, (who is a sainted soul) picked up my contraption and discovered how to change the key board from letters to numbers.

I finally got the infernal thing registered and decided hubby and I had suffered enough for one day.  I checked my email one last time for the day and found a welcome email about my new contraption.  It said 1 friend and 1000 other people also had one of these contraptions.  One friend?  I tapped the picture of the "friend".  Low and behold,  It's my granddaughter!  Now I don't have to cuss.  I'll just call Susie! For now I need a sip of wine and my easy chair. I'll think about this tomorrow!

14 Comments to The Digital age and me:

Comments RSS
Stacie Robbert on Friday, February 15, 2013 4:45 AM
Hi Nancy! It's nice to see you introduced with the latest concept. Things are going to be digital and I welcome this change because it makes the life easier and handier. Have a nice day :)!

SEO Cheshire on Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:55 AM
This is perfect blog for anyone who is looking for topics like this. It has got it all, information, benefits and overview. A perfect piece of writing. Good job. Keep it up...

camera repairs on Monday, February 18, 2013 3:14 AM
I really enjoyed reading your content about your experience with digital age and want to thank you for posting this information for us. Still I want to read more details regarding the subject and will wait for your next post.

Virtual Office on Friday, February 22, 2013 2:34 AM
I really congratulate the writer for creating such an impressive blog. Thank you for your valuable discussion on this great topic. Keep sharing...

Virtual office Service on Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:43 AM
This is perfect blog for anyone who is looking for topics like this. It has got it all, information, benefits and overview. A perfect piece of writing. Good job. Keep sharing...

LED ticker display Singapore on Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:02 AM
I read your story that is so touchy.Thanks for sharing your experience with us.impressive blog you wrote.

recycling ink cartridges on Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:16 AM
Thanks to you! Finally I got some stuff in your blog post related. I was searching for some material related to "Digital electronics" matter included in post. Very useful and very informative. Thanks once again and do share some more posts if you have!

Compatible ink cartridges on Monday, April 29, 2013 7:01 AM
I am sure that the informative you shared through your post is useful for people. I am impressed with the way of writing. It kept connected me all the time. Keep up the good work.

tours to tibet from beijing on Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:28 AM
Terrific post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Many thanks!

Ink cartridge coupon on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:39 AM
Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. I liked this blog man. This information is very important. I will suggest you to my other friend.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corporate performance management software on Friday, July 26, 2013 8:48 AM
In today's technological world digital everything is easy , fast and over in our finger tip. It is really great to enjoy the benefits of technology

cross bracelet on Monday, July 29, 2013 10:36 AM
Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great website.

website promotion in jaipur on Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:50 AM
I don't understand any of this. The digital world for me is like trying to talk to a Russian or Chinese person who doesn't speak english with my hands tied behind my back! It is a left brain world and I have no left brain at all.

Build online tests on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:18 AM
Reading online book is one of the best thing to gain knowledge.I am also a e reader and i love to read new books daily.Thanks for sharing this blog with us.Keep sharing.