Nancy Orlando-Books.com -
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Catching up
I'm so glad I wrote that book!
A New Year

November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010

powered by

CHATTER FROM THE MUSE

UPDATE

4/22/13
It has been a long time since I could take the time to write on my blog.  My husband has been in the hospital since my last post.  He was finally sent to a wonderful rehab unit and has been there since March 29.  His first discharge date passed because he was not ready to come home.  He is suddenly and miraculously doing well and will be coming home 4 /24.

Pumpkin (our shihtzu pet) and I will be thrilled to have him at home again.  He will still need a lot of care but when he naps I can use my computer and get back to some writing.  I won't be spending all that time running back and forth to the hospital.

I want to say something about rehab units.  They are not all created equal.  If you are unfortunate enough to need one, look for one that employs the holistic approach.  It makes such a great difference.

I can pay for "guest trays" to be delivered to the dining room.  They bring it along with his tray.  His wheel chair fits on one side of a small table by the window and I sit across from him while we enjoy our meal.  The food is delicious and the view is beautiful - just like a fine restaurant.

Pumpkin, our Shihtzu, has visited him three times, on her leash of course with papers to verify her health.  His young grandchildren have been allowed to visit him.  Everything is done to make him happy and comfortable while he builds strength and abilities to allow him to come home.

I may be a bit irregular for a while but I will be posting again.  Thank you all for your encouragement and "hanging in there"  until I could return.

11 Comments to UPDATE:

Comments RSS
natural medicine schools on Monday, April 29, 2013 12:20 AM
I agree with each and every conclusions made on this topic. It is really very informative and i am so sorry for your husband s health and your view will inspire to any one.in this situation health is the major issue of concerns... Thanks for sharing
Reply to comment

Skincare for wrinkles on Friday, May 17, 2013 2:19 AM
A fantastic blog with a lot of useful information you shared here by your views.. rehab units topic you discussed is good to read .I would love to get updates from you. Keep blogging.
Reply to comment

cheap designer bags on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:45 AM
Pray accept my best and sincerest wishes for you.
Reply to comment

long island ad agencies on Friday, May 24, 2013 8:09 AM
Keep updating through your post i am really impressed by all your posts and topics you have choose to discuss are also very nice,thanks.
Reply to comment

Publicity Stunts on Friday, June 07, 2013 11:25 AM
It's great to hear that you're doing well
Reply to comment

About laser eye surgery on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:40 AM
This is very effective way of writing a blog, congrats to you for your coming and god bless you with good health.I am really impressed from such type of comments, keep it continue in the future.
Reply to comment

Follow the link on Monday, July 29, 2013 10:55 PM
Sincerely hoping and praying that your husband will recover and be home soon. Having a loved in the hospital for so long is in all aspects of life, draining.
Reply to comment

Follow the link on Monday, July 29, 2013 10:55 PM
Reply to comment

best for losing weight on Monday, August 12, 2013 3:54 AM
I was searching for the matter you shared through blog. It is quite interesting and obviously very informative for me. Thanks you very much! I thank you for sharing this very nice information. I always want and love reading quality contents. Keep sharing. Best wishes for your further efforts. !!
Reply to comment

gluten containing foods on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:32 AM
I am sure individuals like me will find your blog to be of great help. I will suggest it to my friends. !!
Reply to comment

click here to check heartrate details on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:34 AM
I am very much overwhelmed by your thoughts for this particular story. A more deeper and staged knowledge would be good for me. I am searching for good concepts on recession and I think this is the best blog for me to expand. !!
Reply to comment